01.03.2011- the white is getting whiter

Phew, what a busy few last days with work, so you’re getting quite a bit of retro fitting re daily updates, which is nicely apt. See what I did there? Huh? Huh? šŸ˜€

Tuesday I managed in the evening to give the thingamy that is a decorative thingy at the top of the wall a second coat. Yes, I admit it, I completely forgot what it’s called. In either language. Whoops. Can anyone please tell me what this is called? Drives me mad that I’ve forgotten.

I am now thinking that I should have bought the special Dulux one coat primer, because the yellow is very very strong. I wonder how many coats I’ll need before it’s a proper white.


7 thoughts on “01.03.2011- the white is getting whiter

  1. Coving? Is that the word you want? *has no clue about those odd things at the top of the wall – we have them too*

  2. We call it crown molding, but that is usually installed on an angle and looks more decorative. Your’s looks kind of different, almost like a small wainscoting but up high and really narrow, since wainscoting is supposed to be from the floor part way up the wall. I am sure architects have a special name for the treatment yours is NicK but I am not sure what it is.

  3. Not confusing just another lovely way for us to learn different things between us all I guess.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s