What do you do when you have a lovely olde worldy wastepaper basket you once bought in Canterbury which really doesn’t fit anymore with your idea of interior decoration, but you like the shape and height of it? Easy.
- 1 wastepaper basket
- can of brightly coloured spray paint in shiny gloss you got cheaply in one of the Aldi Specials
- large piece of wallpaper sample of the wallpaper you’ll be putting up on your wall later
- pair of scissors and some patience while watching DIY SOS the Big Built on BBC iPlayer
- cut out the shapes of your wallpaper sample
- arrange shapes to your taste
- glue on shapes with Tacky Glue or similar
- Voila! Enjoy your colourful, upcycled wastepaper basket
Edited to add: a couple of weeks later, never having felt that the wastepaper basket was quite finished, I got to work again and put more finishing touches on. Pictures are in the post from 15th April.