March 2012: patchwork sofa cover – part 1

Remember the new fabric cover I made in January? IKEA upholstery fabric that I’d dyed sunflower yellow. well, to be honest, I never liked it.

Has that ever happened to anyone else? You plan, you work and make, you finish – and then you don’t like it. That doesn’t happen often, but alas, this time it did. So, what else to do but come up with something else?

Inspired by this fabulous patchworked sofa cover from the IKEA blog (in Swedish) I have decided to use some of the yellow-dyed fabric, dye some of what was left over pink, and get a load of other IKEA cotton upholstery fabric pieces/scraps off eBay, chop them all into 5×5″ pieces (that’s the size of the the squares in the original fabric I used) and after a few short weeks of dyeing, obtaining, washing and cutting I have a load of fabric squares, ready to be turned into a super colourful sofa cover.

Watch this space!

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “March 2012: patchwork sofa cover – part 1

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s