Remember the Knight costumes I made for my nephews in December? (and of which I still haven’t got photos with my nephews in it, thanks, ever too busy family, grumble grumble) I found the most fabulous wooden sword and shield in my wee home town this weekend. “Fabulous”, because it means:
- I don’t have to make them myself for once
- I don’t have to paint them myself for once
- I had promised my twin nephs (shall I call them twephs?) at Christmas that I’d be getting sword and shield for them to complete the costume
- I am flying next month to visit them and
- the swords and shields will fit easily into my suitcase.
Hoorah all round, I say. I can now concentrate on finishing the quilt for my dear friend.
P.S. I am such an idiot! I had totally forgotten that I did actually get wooden swords for the twephs and I did send them as part of their Christmas present. Oh well, they’ll have two types of sword, then. Shall I maybe paint the pommels of this one?